Friday, January 22, 2010

You Get What You Need

So, I've seen recently that a few of my facebook friends have begun to blog. I always say that I like to write, but I don't do much of it, so I thought that If I gave myself a blog spot I'd be forced to write more. I can't tell you the number of times I've started something like this and never quite had it come to its fullest fruition. Maybe this time it will stick! I journaled when I was younger. I kept a journal from the time I was in 8th grade until my Freshman year in college. I treasure those journals--now when I look back at them I get quite a few laughs, but I hope that when my girls are teens they will come in handy and allow me to remember what all of that was like.

So as you've probably gathered, I have girls. Three of them so far, Jordan, Ava and Olivia and I am 21 weeks pregnant with our fourth daughter--Chloe. I love being a mother and I love my children but I do have some fears about raising girls. My hopes for them are Faith, Centeredness, Strength, Confidence, Friendship and Love. They are all so unique and beautiful in their own way. My heart aches when I think of any pain that they might endure in their lives, but I also know that those pains, growing pains, will turn them into the women that I hope they will be.

I'll keep this post short...one because the demands of motherhood are calling and because if I don't stop now I know I will begin rambling about something or other and it's probably best to save it for a time when I can really focus on a specific subject.

Until then!

1 Reader Remarks:

Krajcimama said...

Growing up I always wanted a boy and a girl...when we went for the ultrasound and found out Danika was a girl it just opened up this floodgate of emotions. I cried the whole way home (Jerry was driving) because of all the difficulties she would have in her life. She wasn't born yet but I cried because I knew she would get her heart broken by some stupid boy someday. I cried because I knew she was going to get her period someday. I cried because she would (hopefully) have to go through labor and (having done it once before) labor hurts!

Then the ladies at work told me I a was lucky to have at least 1 girl. They told me "A son is a son until he takes a wife. A daughter is a daughter for life." I ended up crying again. As you can see, I'm overly emotional about my daughter. LOVE the picture of your girls - they are very lucky to have each other...and you!

Post a Comment

Gimme some sugar! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails