Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Slowdown?.

The last two days of weather around here really have me thinking about Fall! I'm very sad to see Summer coming to an end (why can't Winter fly by this fast??) On the upside, life without an air conditioner has been quite pleasant and I can't complain about that at all!

We've got one week until school starts around here. I will have a first grader this year...the first year for a full day of school and a 3 day a week preschooler. We've opted to keep Olivia home this year, so it will be Me, Chloe and Livi three days a week for a half day which will  be so wonderful. I'm looking forward to spending time with my littlest girls...well, more time anyway!

Tomorrow night the girls will start their new bedtime routine, which basically just pushes up bedtime by 30 minutes to an hour and I am looking forward to that because it will mean an extra half hour to an hour to just relax and unwind with the hubs (and the dog, and Chloe).

I have been contemplating the new schedule changes for the last week now and trying to get a handle on the activities that will be added to our weeks this year.  I need to amp myself up for the busy-ness. I don't know why I'm fretting about it! I guess it's because we had such a low key Summer...The only thing we had to do was visit the farm every other week on Wednesday and grocery shop on Monday. The only commitment I had was to attend book club once a month...

But now, we've decided to keep Jordan and Ava in dance, and Olivia will start this year. Jordan will continue with Daisies and I've committed to being a co-leader of her troop.  My Faith Sharing/ Bible Study group will start to meet again.  I'm going to be a cafeteria volunteer.  I'm contemplating putting the three older girls into Good Shepherd...

I don't know, when I write it down, it doesn't seem like TOO much. But I'm still fretting about it. I want to make sitting down to dinner as a family a priority--as it has been. My girls are still so young and I always said that I wasn't going to get them involved in a ton of stuff.  At the same time I want to expose them to lots of new experiences and social situations to help with their well roundedness.

In other news, Ava and Olivia had their yearly check up at the Cleft Craniofacial Center at Children's and while everything is looking great with Olivia there is some concern over some of Ava's speech issues. We need to schedule some testing for her to make sure her palate is working correctly...the results of the tests will likely indicate that she needs another corrective surgery...I really don't want to open that can of worms but it may need to be done.  I guess I'm fretting about that too!  I would hate to schedule something like that during the school year, so hopefully it's something that we can deal with next summer if we have too...

I still have some back to school shopping to do...shoes for the girls, a new outfit or two for Ava...Also need to schedule some hair appointments. Not to mention, house hunting (and packing and moving eventually!)

Yes, I just used my blog to remind me of all that needs to be done....and I'm longing for an endless Summer!

0 Reader Remarks:

Post a Comment

Gimme some sugar! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails