Monday, February 22, 2010

Catching Up To Myself

5+ days without Face book has gone by quickly...and frankly I haven't missed it. It's amazing how easily those extra minutes get filled up by something else.

Last week was spent nursing sickness, first the kids, then myself and then Jim...Everyone was finally better by the weekend, but Jim still wasn't 100% and we were all just a little crankier. Over 2 weeks of a well worn routine in upheaval will do that I guess, but today I breathe a sigh of relief--the first day back into beloved normalcy!

So I got Jordan ready for school (up, dressed, breakfast, a hair experiment that could have been disastrous but turned out cute in the end, and out the door). Had my tea, talked to my mom, caught up on a few e-mails and now blogging.

The T.V. is not on in the background...this is "No TV Monday" something we decided to give up as a family for Lent. Ava and Livi are in their room dancing in their P.J.'s., I've printed out my grocery list from The Grocery Game and now I'm blogging...Just trucking along and feeling good.

The only sore spot is that I have to miss book club tonight. We've got a few scheduling conflicts that I can't resolve without giving something up, so I miss this month...I'm already looking forward to the next one!

I'm all over the place today in this blog! I think I'm just trying to get back in touch with the old me: the peppermint tea sippin', take it as it comes mommy--instead of the frazzled, bug eyed, screaming, sighing, irritated "Momster" that I transformed into over the last couple of weeks.

I got a new phone this weekend--a Droid. It is really cool. I'm ashamed that it made me happy, but it did, not so much because the phone is awesome (it is!) but because we all went out together on Saturday to get it and I know it will really make my life easier (I still have to cancel my account with AT&T). The trip out was fun even though much of it was spent placating the kids--a trip to the pet store helped to do the trick and they ran off some energy in the play place. Jim took them over while I finished the phone deal and he was very happy that he did because he spotted ex-Penguin Mark Recchi in the same area and he got to exchange a little "fan banter" with him. Super cool!

Can't wait to see what this week brings, my friends...good things for all of you too, I hope!

0 Reader Remarks:

Post a Comment

Gimme some sugar! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails