Friday, February 11, 2011

A ramble

I'm not feeling like myself today. I'm sitting in the middle of my kitchen. In front of me is a pile of (clean) unfolded laundry. The kitchen table has crumbs from breakfast, a matching game the girls were playing, scissors, crayons, pencils, and cups some filled, some empty. To my right, the buffet is cluttered with things that don't have a home or haven't made it to their home. To my left, orange peels on the counter, a dishwasher that needs emptied, a sink full of dishes that I need to load into the dishwasher. Behind me, an almost empty pot of soup that didn't get put away from last night's dinner.  My house looks the way I feel right now.  Looking around there is lots to do and everything seems disorganized. 

Today is the day I usually pay attention to our money, what's going out, what's coming in, bills and paperwork. I started to do our taxes in the beginning of the week. I feel disorganized in this area as well. I don't like when I don't have a clear picture of where our money is going.  

I haven't written a Pampers article all month and (I can't believe!) we are already over a third of the way through February!! 

The kids had two hour delays all week--except for today. And it threw a wrench into plans and schedules. I didn't get to grocery shop until Thursday and I was thrown off because my list no longer matched with the sales and I had no time to search through new coupons and stuff. I only saved $10 this week and that burned me up.

And It's so darn cold around here! At least there was a BEAUTIFUL sunset last night and a GORGEOUS sunrise this morning. I'm glad I took a moment to admire both.

Jim's Grandmother passed away this past weekend and midweek we spent some time laying her to rest.  It is sad that she is gone, but by most accounts, she was ready to go.  The minister who spoke at her funeral shared some clippings that Jim's Grandma had stashed in her bible, some had notes written on them with specific instructions to share with all of us.  It was quite interesting to hear things that she had read and found poignant: One spoke on motherhood, another on faithful, humble service, another to comfort her family when she was gone.  I found it quite touching. 

The family shared a meal after the funeral and it was nice to talk to relatives that we never get to see. Many of them live out of state or on other ends of this one, so to have everyone together is a rarity.

In other news, we are prepping for Ava's next (and hopefully last) surgery next Tuesday. She is having another cleft repair. She had her tonsils and adenoids out over a month ago to make way and I hope that everything goes well.  As of this moment she doesn't know what she's in for, neither do I actually. Her pre-op appointment--the one where we learn what to expect--isn't until the day before her surgery. I'm thinking no school for a week, a soft diet for quite some time. Please send up a prayer and positive vibes for her!

Today would be a day to link up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.  BUT I haven't organized a darn thing this week.  I've only bailed enough water to keep this ship afloat, but as you know I'm sitting here in water up to my knees right now--not literally people.  I clicked on the link above just a second ago and found it quite applicable to my situation this week!  I need to stop my negative, self pitying dialogue and get to it!

Another post that I read yesterday hit at the heart too. If you've an extra minute you can check it out as well over at Family Secrets. Thanks for letting me ramble it all out here though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails