Friday, December 24, 2010

What Little Girls Are Made of...

Another mommy blog I happened across today conducted this interview with her daughter and it reminded me that I did this same interview a couple of years ago. I thought it might be fun to revisit the little exercise so I copied this from a Facebook Note I wrote two years ago. I've been in the mood to love up my little ones this morning and this note makes me smile.  The only addition I made to it is that I asked Olivia the questions (she is now 3). It is interesting to see how her answers compare to 3 year old Ava Answers!

You can join in the fun too:  Copy the questions, ask your kid the questions and write them down exactly how they respond. Link  back in the comments if you have done this, I'd love to hear the answers.

I am asking Jordan these questions (When she was 5) and already impatient with me!

I also asked Ava (When she was 3) and she was reluctant too!

I asked Olivia (Who is currently 3).

This interview was conducted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3pm (with Olivia's Additions added today 12/23/2010 at 10:34am)



1. What is something I always say to you?

J: Uh....Girly's be quiet in the morning.

A: I love you.

O: Livi, it's lunch time!



2. What makes me happy?

J: When we be good.

A: When I snuggle you and Kiss you.

O: Um, Mommy I love you.



3. What makes me sad?

J: If we don't listen.

A: If you make me shout to you.

O: Mommy, I don't like you.



4. How do I make you laugh?

J: If you call us "skweeber bird" or "Jordie bug".

A: Um...If you say a funny joke.

O: Um...Said "I Love you" and I said hahahahahaha.



5. What do you think I was like as a child?

J: You doing um....I don't know....I don't know what my answer would be...um...listening to your parents very good.

A: I think a barbie.

O: Um...a bunny?



6. How old am I?

J: ummm *tapping her cheek with her finger* 96?

A: UH...I don't know.

O: I don't know!



7. How tall am I?

J: um....as taller than us.

A: Uh this tall *Shows me with her thumb and pointer*

O: taller than Jordan.



8. What is my favorite thing to do?

J: Uh....watch us be good.

A: uh...uh...doing the dishes?

O: Clean Up.



9. What do I do when you're not around?

J: Uh...sit down and watch TV.

A: Uh...Just have to keep on looking.

O: Um Say, Move out of the way sweet heart.



10. If I become famous, what will it be for?

J: when are we done? um...making the greatest pictures.

A: For a fashion show.

O: mmmm...Butterflies?



11. What am I really good at?

J: Um...Being a good mom.

A: Uh...doing yoga poses.

O: Clean up.



12. What am I not really good at?

J: Um...trying to be the best runner than daddy.

A: oh...I don't know...just tell me.

O: Clean up Kingston's poopy.  (That's our dog, by the way.)



13. What is my job?

J: um...to keep the house clean.

A: uh...read a book.

O: I don't know!  Clean up?



14. What is my favorite food?

J: Um...Salmon.

A: is it pasta?

O: Spaghettios. 



15. What makes you proud of me?

J: by taking care of us.

A: If I go pee on the potty.

O: Clean up!



16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?

J: Um...I don't know...Sandy from Spongebob?

A: A fashion model.

O: A Princess!



17. What do you and I do together?

J: Play with each other.

A: Make a happy valentine.

O: Clean up.



18. How are we the same?

J: By loving each other the same way.

A: Just tell me.

O: We have brown hair and brown eyes, the same nose, the same mouth, and the same head. Do we have the same head, momma?



19. How are you and I different?

J: From doing the different sports and we like different things.

A: We are wearing different clothes.

O: I don't know.



20. How do you know that I love you?

J: Giving hugs and kisses

A: Because I said you're the best mommy in the whole wide world.

O: cause I look like a princess.



21. Where is my favorite place to go?

J: To the grocery store.

A: Uh...to church.
 
O: To the eagle's nest. (that's the child care center at our grocery store)
 
I can't wait to do this again with Chloe in a couple of years!
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails