Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday--January 10

I'm a little late to the party today. We had a busy day. I was able to complete my shopping this morning but had to take Ava to a doctor appointment this afternoon. I left Chloe and Livi with my sister, groceries half unpacked and house in disarray so that we could make it to the appointment on time.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that BOTH little ones took naps while I was gone (but why won't Livi nap for me?? I think she might be coming down with a cold or something) and my sister had straightened up a bit.  I was so tempted to scrap everything when I got home and order something, but I fought the urge...I chose something simple from the weekly menu and stayed on track! 

So here's the plan for the week!


Monday:  Sausage and Tortellini Soup, Roasted Garlic Bread, Tossed Salad.

This soup is excellent!  It is really hearty and tasty--it was the go to meal today because I had made a huge batch two weeks ago and had half frozen. All I had to do was throw the ice block in a pot and warm it up! 

Tuesday: Frozen Pizza, Cheesy Cauliflower, and Cantaloupe

I know it's a weird combo, but it will be another easy meal. I am headed out to eat with some girlfriends (YAY!) and Jim will be fending for all.

Wednesday: Chicken Salad, Crescent Rolls (This got pushed to this week's menu because we ended up grabbing something and bringing it home.)

Thursday: Mexican Melt Style Fish, Corn, Rice

Friday: Cranberry Chicken Wreath, Broccoli, Apple Slices

Saturday: Meat Pies, Orzo with veggies, and Snow Peas

Sunday: Chicken Enchilada, Cornbread, Guac and Chips

We are chicken heavy this week...but chicken was on sale! 

Can't wait to see what others are cooking up! Need some inspiration?  Check out the link-up over at I'm An Organizing Junkie

And as always, thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails